SQL DBA - York - £45k
A talented SQL DBA is required to join a successful financial company based near York. As one of the three IT Operations DBA's you will be working with the full SQL Server tech stack and be integral in driving DBA best practise.
A fast paced and market leading financial services company are looking to recruit a talented SQL DBA to join their Infrastructure team. This company is currently undergoing a variety of exciting projects which the right candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to. This company is one who rewards enthusiasm and taking a positive approach, this is reflected by the healthy work/life balance which they implement.
As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the SQL Server database environments, ensuring that they are not only supported but also fit for purpose. You will be required to pay particular attention to best practices for performance, reliability and design.
You will also be a key part of ongoing projects and improvements to the SQL Server database environments, along with being responsible for analysing, solving, and correcting issues in real time. You will be providing problem resolution end-to-end.
As such you should be comfortable with the following responsibilities:
- Performance Tuning and Optimisation
- Backups, restores and recovery models
- Implementing high availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server
- SQL Database Performance Tuning
- SQL Replication and Mirroring
- Working with SSRS
- Competency with SSIS and ETL
- Working independently as well as part of a team
- Multi-tasking and context-switching effectively between different activities and teams
- Working with and understanding ITIL processes, including change and incident management
If this sounds like the role for you then get in touch today! Submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be taking place via telephone and Skype over the next week!