3RD LINE INFRASTRUCTURE & CLOUD ENGINEER- MANCHESTER- £45k DOE
- IT Support Company of the Year
- Open plan office, relaxed, with music in the background and some friendly banter of course!
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering support and technical expertise to end users face to face, over the telephone and via remote support software.
- Responsibility for ensuring that systems are operating effectively and securely e.g. backups, AV, DR
- Creation of documentation / method statements / how-to guides
- Work to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Planning and implementation of internal and customer projects.
- Lead the team to deliver the IT solution to the agreed cost, time and quality measures
- Ensure adequate risk and issue management in place to ensure the success of the project
- Take ownership of the post go-live support process to ensure teething issues are dealt with
- Proactively manage cost and benefit across the whole project
- Take ownership for the successful delivery of all technical activities on the customer site
- Ensure post-project reviews take place to improve the overall delivery capability of the Support team
- A full UK driving license
- Office 365, SharePoint, EMS+S
- Microsoft Azure would be an advantage
- Windows Server
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem solving ability.
- Virtualisation- Hyper-V or VMware
- Networking - VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNA, DHCP, Fundamentals (e.g. TCP, IP)
- Firewall and WAN technologies.
- MCSA and MCSE qualifications would be an advantage
You will be a reliable, responsible and trustworthy person who enjoys dealing with people and not just technology. As well as being both self-motivated and self-disciplined you will be able to:
- Remain calm under pressure and be a tenacious problem solver
- Understands when issues should be escalated.
- Be eager to learn with an ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty.
- Possess a strong customer service ethos with a hunger to develop and improve your experience.
- Progression - Regular training, bi-annual performance reviews and a clear job and pay structure that you can work towards. Promotions are from within, also.
- Fundraisers - Regular charity work and charity ambassadors within the board.
- Social events- 2 Social events each year, one being staff awards.
- Freebies- Free fruit, tea & coffee and free lunch altogether on Tuesdays. Breakfast and coffee on a Friday… not to mention beers on the fridge for Friday afternoons. The last Friday of the month is team beers after work.
- AND MORE! Apply to the job and arrange a call and I'll send over the full benefits booklet as well as the official Job Description.