Azure Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) - Remote - $135k - Permanent
Looking for a self-motivated, highly experienced Cloud Solutions Architect with deep experience in infrastructure solutions and services. Qualified candidates will have a deep understanding of Azure cloud solution engineering skills as well as architecture expertise and excellent Azure best practices knowledge. This is a remote role with 25-45% travel required.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead requirements gathering, analysis and solution development for MS Azure cloud-based solutions
- Architect, design and implement plans for deploying complex application workloads on MS Azure
- Partner with project teams, functional architects, systems specialists and other technical resources and its customers
- Lead projects, remotely, in a hands-on role driving Azure cloud migration/adoption from inception to production
- Assume responsibility for technical presentations
- Mentor and provide technical oversight and guidance to implementation teams while working in a coordinated manner to deliver and deploy the designed architecture
- Provide Azure technical expertise for POCs, drafting RFP responses, SOW creation etc., in support of the overall sales life-cycle and consulting engagement process
- Provide Cloud/Azure thought leadership through publications and speaking engagements as needed
- Create reference architectures, pre-sales, and technical collateral
- Support the development and growth of Modern Data Center Practice
- Experience in customer-facing consulting
- Experience leading teams in cloud solutions development and delivery
- Expert level knowledge regarding MS Azure IaaS services (i.e. Compute, networking, databases, storage, backup and archive, DR, security, monitoring, etc.)
- Strong Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code automation via Terraform
- Experience with establishing technical strategy and architecture at an enterprise level
- Strong expertise in MS Azure Security & Identity services (i.e. Azure Active Directory, Domain Services, Azure Security Center, Azure Governance,)
- Understanding network topologies, load balancing and segmentation
- Assessment and demonstration of new technologies; capacity planning; performance tuning
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Experience leading and working with diverse geographically distributed teams
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years overall industry experience
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated Cloud architecture projects and deployments
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud solutions, platforms, and technologies
- 3+ years of experience across the business development life-cycle (i.e. Pre-Sales, Solution Architecture, Pricing, and Proposal Development)
- Must have extensive working experience with Microsoft technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Be certified or demonstrate the ability to become certified as an Azure Cloud Solution Architect
- Experience with Application Migration to Azure (ASR)
- Experience with Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Mid-level expertise in MS Azure PaaS services
- Knowledge of Security, Authentication, MFA, Authorization, B2C, Data Privacy, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cryptography / Key Management, Access Controls and Security Protocols,
- Experience with Linux, VMWare, Hyper-V and SCVMM
For all inquiries, please contact Chloe Utz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 307-4486.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure / BI jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available, I can be contacted at email@example.com. Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.