My client is seeking a Microsoft Cloud Engineer to manage a combination of field and remote deployable engineering activities, pre-sales configuration and consulting activities, skills and certification maintenance, and engineering laboratory research and technology development tasks. The Cloud Engineer will primarily work to maintain a high level of billable utilization, which is a combination of customer onsite or remote installation and system deployment, configuration, system troubleshooting, performance optimization, and documentation.
The Cloud Engineer is focused in two or more of the following: Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Enterprise Mobility + Security Services or Azure technology.
- Requires minimum of 1 Industry recognized certification in the area of technology specialization (Microsoft Windows Server, Office/Microsoft 365, and Azure):
- Eight years of work experience in positions with progressively more responsible duties in Microsoft Solution Engineering
- Responsible for design, development, migration and hands-on implementation of Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions
- Serve as an technical resource to determine the needs of our clients that will optimize and operationalize IT Infrastructure Modernization and Cloud Transformation Solutions.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of our customer's Microsoft Cloud foundational footprint
- Work closely with other architects and engineers to recommend and design Office 365 Solutions, Azure infrastructure, database, data storage, DevOps and/or BCDR solutions that effectively reflect our client's business needs, security, and service level requirements
- Lead efforts to perform Windows AD Forest Consolidations and Email Migrations to Office 365
- Proficient PowerShell scripting. ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Visual Studio programming skills a plus.
- Conduct proof of concept (POC) and implement the design in our client's production environments
- Align solutions with standards and best practices working with cross-functional engineering and consulting teams
- Perform risk analysis & create mitigation strategies for continuous evaluation and validation or system design and architecture
- Ability to produce as-built documentation and materials
- Expert level of post-sales installation, configuration, troubleshooting of infrastructure environments.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of and working knowledge of the value-added technology industry.