Service Desk Engineer £30k
A Client of Nigel Frank International is currently in the hunt for a Service Desk Engineer. As a Service Desk Engineer, you will be responsible for providing 1st line and 2nd Line Support to customers on a regular basis. It is very important that you are a team player, energetic, analytically strong and are keen to develop and progress your technical capabilities. This is a very customer facing role and you're expected to be customer focused throughout all your daily responsibilities which are:
Installation, Configuration, Support, Systems Administration and Diagnosis of customer hardware and software. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Current Server Operating Systems (Physical & Virtual)
- Current and Legacy Microsoft PC Operating Systems
- Current and Legacy Application Packages
- Component level hardware support
- Networks, Hubs, Routers, Virtual Private Networks, Network Attached Storage, Network Attached Peripherals.
- Standard Server packages (such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Symantec Back-up Exec, Managed Anti-Virus)
- Environmental Monitoring (Via PRTG or other network monitoring solutions)
- Provide analytical data for customers based upon their reporting requirements.
Duties may be performed from a remote location (including the office, the Employees home, or elsewhere) via the Internet or over the phone. While most work will take place during normal business hours there will be times when work must take place outside these times. Where possible you will be informed in advance of these events, but the nature of the work requires that you be flexible. Overtime or time off in lieu will be given for this work.
You will be expected to act as a first and second line support contact within the existing technical services department. This will involve taking customer requests via the telephone and via e-mail and you will be expected to resolve queries in a timely and efficient manner.
Some of the skills/technologies that you will need to have hands on experience with are as follows:
- Active Directory/Group Policy
- Office 365
- Back Ups
Other benefits to take into consideration are that my client do heavily invest in their employees, they provide training courses, paid certifications and also have development programmes.
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply and I will call you to discuss further details.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so make sure you don't miss out and APPLY NOW!