Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the administration, configuration, development, and on-going support for the OLAP reporting and analytical solutions. The BI developer will interact with the customer to define business requirements, propose solutions, and validate the solutions meet the business needs. The BI developer needs to have strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Assist in defining standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching, and delivering all data within the enterprise.
- Assist in the development of strategies for predictive and reactive decision support for all companies.
- Design, build, and maintain an enterprise data warehouse.
- Serve as the liaison between data consumer representatives and data solution development.
- Inform and interpret data project sponsors.
- Deliver innovative reporting and analytics solutions for the enterprise.
- Discover and centralize all data throughout the organization.
- Develops analytics solutions to end-user specifications independently and in collaboration with management and team members, as well as other members of the organization, such as Performance Improvement and Decision Support.
- Independently provides solutions that meet end-user requirements as well as provide solutions that further the broader mission of the organization where these are overlapping but beyond initial user-defined scope.
- Champion data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the organization by designing and promoting best practices.
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI roadmap for success given project prioritization and budget.
- Promote self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change Excel based culture.
- Assists in maintaining organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies related to data analysis and integration.
- Actively participates in the PMO and IT Governance activities in the areas such process activities require Enterprise Architecture Involvement.
- Designs new integration capabilities by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures as needed.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Over 8 years of Business Intelligence development experience designing/developing cubes, data warehouses, data marts, and reporting solutions
- Over 8 years of SSIS/SSRS/SSAS experience
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience developing web API integrations
- Experience with ground up data warehouse development
- Deep expertise in multi-dimensional modeling
- Deep expertise in self-service reporting architecture and tools
- Sufficient knowledge of the General Ledger (ex. Balance Sheet and Income Statement)
Following qualifications are not required, but nice to have:
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Experience or familiarity with Jet Professional and Enterprise
- Experience or familiarity with Azure or AWS cloud based technologies
- Experience or familiarity with Python, R, and Tableau
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master's Degree in a Business related field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of database administration required.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware, mobile devices.
- Advanced working knowledge of Hardware/Software requirements development.
- Advanced working knowledge of promoting process improvement.
- Experience Analyzing information and data.
- Exceptional communications skills, verbal and written.
- Must have very good phone etiquette.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Must be customer-focused, work well in a team-oriented environment, and provide quality service for the business client. Must pay very close attention to detail.
- Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week unless otherwise directed by supervisor.