SQL Database Administrator ----- Omaha, Nebraska ----- $50-70/hr
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine analysis checks of databases. Performs routine maintenance and optimization review with management
- Coordinates and performs changes to a variety of databases. Will code, test and implement database changes. Manages company intranet and support of existing and new databases. Activities may include web development, use of programming code, database tools and filters
- Install, setup, update or repair computer related hardware, software, peripherals and other various devices or products in accordance to company standards and procedures put in place
- Monitors system reliability and performance in regards to computers, servers, software and other related items. Makes recommendations for improvements or corrects problems based on findings
- Document procedures for purposes of training, troubleshooting and support. Responsible for keeping current and accurate records incorporating technology changes or other changes that affect current methods and processes
- May work with consultants on new or updated technologies, equipment and services
- Maintain scheduled and unscheduled quality system backups. Audit backups to ensure data availability. Perform backups and recovery as directed by management
- Maintain support and troubleshoot MS exchange environment. Maintain support and troubleshoot MS active directory environment including group policy, account administration, security administration, DNS, VM Ware, SQL and Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagrammatic or schedule form
- Analytical abilities and critical thinking. Troubleshooting and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Working understanding of technology, electronics and software with above average computer proficiency
- Working knowledge of database programming such as sequel and visual basics
- Associates degree in computer field or equivalent. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- 1-3 years relevant computer and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly and effectively both in verbal and written format
- Must be able to work independently at times, follow detailed instructions and complete assigned tasks timely
- May be required to support critical system failures during non-business hours
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must have regular and punctual attendance
- Needs AX 2009 experience
- D365FO experience is a HUGE plus
- Must be on-site in South Dakota
- 6 month contract
- Client is paying for travel and/or relocation if necessary
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics recruitment, advertising more Dynamics 365 / Dynamics AX jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Dynamics market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and Dynamics 365 / Dynamics AX jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Dynamics AX candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the Microsoft Dynamics market and some of the opportunities and Dynamics 365 / Dynamics AX jobs that are available I can be contacted on (972) 728-3974 (ext 3974). Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Microsoft Dynamics opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Keywords; Microsoft, Microsoft AX, Dynamics AX, AX 2009, AX 2012, D365, Dynamics 365, SQL, Database, Administrator, United States