Job Title: Sr. Azure DevOps Architect / Consultant
Job Type: Full-Time/Perm
Salary: $160,000-170,000 base Bonus
Location: EST / CST
Expectations: This person is expected to be the complete Azure DevOps SME and client-facing advocate. Must understand all aspects of the full pipeline component set, from start to end; CI, Environments (VM,Cloud), Containers, Deployments, QA, Monitoring, etc. The successful candidate will understand the difference between being a DevOps resource and being a DevOps Consultant. Prior experience engaging with clients and acting as their primary advocate is a must.
Must have proven tenure with past employers as a permanent employee as opposed to different consulting engagements* Prior experience working for a Microsoft Partner is highly preferred.
- Microsoft Azure: including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, network security groups, HDInsight, Data Bricks, network security groups, secure endpoints, storage groups, resource groups, ARM deployments, PowerShell deployments, API interaction with the CLI and .NET/Java, express routes, network peerings, UDRs, Azure Key Vaults for integration primarily with SQL TDE, Azure Backups, and serverless computing.
- DevOps, Agile, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Automation with Chef and Ansible
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
Must have proven expereince working in all areas of the pipeline:
- CI with Jenkins, Travis, Azure DevOps, Releases/Feature flags
- Artifact Mgmt with Artifactory, Sonatype Nexus, Nuget
- Environment management (on-prem/VMs) with Ansible, Puppet, CHEF, Packer, CloudFormation
- Secrets management with Vault
- Cloud provisioning with Terraform for Azure, GCP or AWS,
- QA/test automation with Tricentis, SmartBear, Selenium, etc.
- Performance Testing with Neoload, JMeter, LoadRunner
- Security tools
- Deployment automation with Jenkins, scripting, Harness, or monitoring/logging with tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Datadog, Splunk, etc.
- Experience designing container solutions (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Must be able to talk about the holistic solution with clients.
- Create vision about how to solve problem connecting pieces together.
- Understand pro's/cons of doing things differently, based on client needs (understand options and why)
- Must be hands-on enough to do coding in some areas of specialty
- Work directly with customers to gather needs and translate into business requirements and technical designs for presentations and then utilized for implementations
- Designing Enterprise level Azure architecture and build out or oversee the build out of the solution.
- Build out large scale Azure Active Directory, Azure DNS, Azure Active Directory Domain Service, containers, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, IaC, and other solutions
- Building DevOps CI/CD pipelines in Azure to automatically build and deploy new versions of applications.
- Manage Enterprise level highly available and distributed database systems built using both MSSQL deployments as well as PaaS and SaaS
- Experience leveraging ARM templates, Ansible, Powershell for Infrastructure as Code, utilizing DevOps with CI/CD practices
- Experience fully automating processes of building development, test, staging, and production environments using CI/CD tools
- Responsible for building systems in the Azure cloud through automation for all environments and moving clients into the Azure cloud using full automation
- Fully automated systems included building virtual machines, scalesets, load balancers, virtual networks, subnets, resource groups, storage accounts, and any other associated Azure component
- Experience working with Azure Kubernetes services to build large scale DevOps solutions for containerization of applications through automation pipelines
- Experience creating PaaS solutions to deploy on-premises applications into the Azure cloud
- Experience redesigning multiple applications to leverage SaaS such as Kubernetes and SQL Server
- Experience working closely with developers to reengineer applications to work as an Azure PaaS applications
- Experience building virtual networks, subnets, load balancers, SQL High Availability, scale sets, availability groups, traffic manager, devtest laps, Azure functions (serverless computing), express routes, UDRs, network peering, network security groups, endpoint security, HDInsight, Data Bricks
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Excellent bonus/comp packages
- Growth opportunity
- Remote (based on location)
*Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email email@example.com / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.