Data Engineer - London
Are you an enthusiastic Data Engineer with a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced - technology-focused organisation?
My client is an institutional-grade financial services network that connects the global markets ecosystem to companies, traders and investors. They are a Fortune-100 company with a long history, this client has almost 70 offices globally which house almost 3,000 employees. Their client base covers commercial, retail, institutional and payment industries and with their dedication to helping them reach the goals they have successfully built deeply valued, long-term relationships with them.
The organisation is expanding due to growth and they are looking for an ambitious, focused, and driven Data Engineer who is a quick learner and passionate about data and technology. They are a forward-thinking FinTech organisation that always uses cutting-edge technology on exciting projects.
They are looking for someone who has strong python programming skills and SQL Server scripting experience. This role is the perfect opportunity for an individual who has a hunger to learn more. You will be provided with opportunities to learn, develop and upskill your technical abilities. Here, you will be working with fellow talented Engineers who will provide you with both knowledge and support.
- Managing and overseeing the data pipeline that is feeding reporting and ML models (tech stack based on Python/Airflow, Dremio)
- Using Python (main libraries such as pandas, Pyodbc, airflow etc) to develop custom connection and data feeds through 3rd party APIs
- Dealing confidently with different data sources and data models
- Using SQL scripting to manipulate and extract data from large relational databases and automating the process for importing data from multiple sources and various file formats. (Flat files / ODBC / OLDB etc).
- Liaise with the Data Science Team in order to enable Machine Learning capabilities/projects - you will need to ensure the right data is available
- Deal confidently with different data sources and data models
- 2-3 years industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Strong SQL Server - MS SQL Server 2008/2016
- Python programming experience - Pandas & Airflow
- 2-3 years industry experience
- Jira, Bit packet
- Base Salary - up to £45,000
- Flexible working - mostly remote
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- 26 days holiday
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.