Azure Cloud Consultant-- Remote-- $200k
You will be tasked with helping clients transcend their current operating practices to reach the next generation in multi-cloud capabilities. By helping our clients to create an evolving digital framework, the architect will use drivers such as security, privacy, cost, scalability, operational complexity and agile business enablement to help create value and increase our clients competitive advantage in their given markets.
Consultants will work collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams to develop and implement a comprehensive approach that allows for rapid and successful adoption of next generation cloud services (Public, Private, SaaS, PaaS). Consultants take ownership for their respective engagements while working with the overall team to continually meet and exceed best practice and standards.
It is critical that the Cloud architects be able to gather all necessary information on the customer's current environment and provide concise assessment around their existing infrastructure, applications, gaps in performance or opportunity as well as known future requirements. Areas of assessment will include but are not limited to servers, networks, applications, application performance, application mapping, storage, security, backup/recovery and customer support processes.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 7 years of Information Technology related experience
- 7 years of operations experience with enterprise workloads
- 4 years of experience in cloud solutioning
- Passion for the cloud and digital transformation journey
- Deep knowledge of enterprise systems in large organizations and trends in cloud applications, system integration, migration
- Strong knowledge in specifying selection criteria for cloud providers and identifying the optimal multi-cloud architecture
- Proven experience leading multi-cloud transformation engagements
- Strategic design, implementation and migration of cloud solutions for medium and large size clients utilizing private and public cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Ability to guide clients to identify and solve real world business and technology challenges
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple engagements at the same time
- Ability to work across locations and time zones
- Demonstrate a high energy and positive attitude that promotes flexibility, teamwork and initiative
- Develop standards for operations to support our customers
- Work with clients to get a deep understanding of both business and technical requirements
- Work with clients via onsite or remote sessions to help understand challenges and current performance or capability gaps
- Execute comprehensive discovery sessions to gather all relevant information needed for cloud assessment and recommendations
- Mentor other team members as needed to participate in cloud assessment and transformation activities
- Work with operations group as well as the customer to map out transformation and migration strategy
- Central point of technical contact for staff regarding customer infrastructure and application questions during any transformation planning and execution.
- Provide support for the operations team during critical stages of any transformation and migration engagement
- Assist in the creation and review of contract documents related to cloud assessment and transformation engagements
Leadership and Team Focus
- Provides recommendations on changes and design enhancements to improve reliability, security, processes, and performance.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments; desire to succeed and has a history of meeting solutions by deadline.
- Builds respectful relationships with team members; consistently acknowledges and appreciates each member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential; motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Provides quality customer service above else; ensures an understanding between customer and the company and helps provide workable solutions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems; provides information that ensures interest and understanding.
- Promotes innovation, creativity, and effectiveness, always striving for continuous improvement.
If this is of interest to you, contact Emily at email@example.com