Senior DBA - Remote
Are you an experienced DBA and engineer? This client is a people-first global processing company. They work with the best in the industry to ensure customers receive smart and seamless custom business solutions. They are a privately held payment processor who were founded in 2003 and now serve over 30,000 clients. Their mission is to build a world-class partner community through empowering payment technology and service. Their systems are built with compliance, security, customisation, and scalability in mind.
The client is now in the process of building their next generation of capabilities in order to allow them to power their merchant-first ecosystem.
They have a curious, pragmatic, and driven team who value outcomes over outputs. They are now looking for a like-minded experienced DBA who can join the team to support them in achieving their organisation's goals.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and provide you with the opportunity to develop, grow and thrive. Here you will be encouraged to try new things and approach problems in unique ways. You will be able to learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
If you are looking for an exciting new role within a data-driven company, apply now!
In this role, you will work closely with the Data Engineering and Administration Manager to help strengthen the Data Engineering and Administration team. You will be required to build on the existing foundations by maintaining the database's performance, integrity and security. You will also be involved in database development. Part of your role will be to work closely with the Engineering and Technical Operations teams to build and deploy scalable, efficient implementations in their 24/7 environment
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the engineering team on physical/logical database design to support new and existing application development
- Maintain database specifications, design/coding standards, data dictionary and complementary documentation
- Design and develop, SQL queries, stored procedures, indexes and schema
- Analyse SQL query plans and leverage diagnostic tools to identify performance bottlenecks and take the appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and code reviews.
- Work as part of a team and provide after-hours support when required
- Test backups to ensure the Recovery Time Objectives are met
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server architecture - locking, query processing, optimisation etc.
- Experience working with data engineers to help set best practices
- MS SQL configuration for high availability and disaster recovery using SQL Clustering and Always On Availability
- Knowledge of SQL replication technologies
- Base salary up to £50,000
- Pension scheme
- Annual holiday allowance
- And more…
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.