Data Engineer | Remote | $80-110k DOE
A $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland and has nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. They are a family-owned company since 1926 with expertise in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate, who pride themselves on keeping customers', employees' and communities' Lives in Motion.
The Data Engineer plays a pivotal role in operationalizing data and analytics initiatives and will be responsible for building, managing, and optimizing data pipelines, internal analytics, and integrations between Client's systems and third-party tools.
How You Make an Impact
- Maintains data pipelines needed to support Client's reporting warehouse
- Creates and maintains Power BI datasets and reports
- Creates and maintains system integrations using dedicated EDI software and Microsoft's Power Platform
- Creates and maintains SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- Works with stakeholders to gather requirements for new reporting and system integrations
- Designs and implements the optimal data pipeline architecture to support the migration of the on-premise SQL warehouse to Azure
- Maintains and expands advanced algorithms using Azure Machine Learning
- Creates and maintains documentation for system integrations
- Collaborates with I&T leadership to define and implement standards that allow for the proliferation of self-service automation and analytics throughout the business
- Serves as an escalation point for help desk requests related to reporting and integrations
- Experience in data management disciplines, including data integration, modelling, and optimization
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python or R
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform
Nice To Have/Preferred:
- Experience with Azure data services including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Pipelines is preferred
- Experience with ASP.NET, C# programming a plus
Benefits and Perks:
Are you interested in flexible working hours, including telework opportunities, free parking, a modern work environment with monthly employee events, collaboration spaces, and café with unlimited soft drinks, coffee, and lattes?
Then this is just the place for you!
Some of the benefits/perks include but not limited to:
- Financial Wellbeing:
- 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing:
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off, Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms
- Education and Development Opportunities- 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people's education goals