Senior Platform Engineer - £55,000 - £90,000 - London (Partly Remote)
We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to join a reputable Microsoft Gold Partner. Your main focus will be delivering high quality, scalable Enterprise solutions on IaaS and PaaS platforms. You will be joining a dedicated, cross-functional team of engineer and developers with various levels of DevOps maturity.
You will be given the opportunity to work with an array of clients and exciting but challenging projects. We are looking for platform engineers that have a willingness to learn and adapt.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working with clients on digital SaaS, PaaS, IaaS strategies, designs and delivery programmes
- Implementing and maintaining platforms and services based on business requirements, constraints and strategies
- Creating, maintaining and enhancing standards for delivery as well as developing and enhancing design standards for infrastructure and system components
- Applying technical innovation while contributing towards internal projects and client bids in order to win business
Skills & Qualifications
- Practical experience debugging complex, multi-server service
- Strong experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Practical experience with containerisations (Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, Openshift)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Strong knowledge of Backend Infrastructure (switching, routing, VPNs, Load Balancing)
- Monitoring and tooling experience
- Scripting and Programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java, Go)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to understand and convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
Nice to have:
- Experience working for a consultancy highly beneficial
- Security Clearance highly beneficial
- Experience working on government projects highly beneficial
- Generous salary of up to £90,000 (potentially more for the right candidate)
- Industry leading training
- Working with a close-knit, friendly and supportive team
- Generous pension, private medical care and much more!
We are holding interviews from the 9th June 2021. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ayan on 0203 868 5192 for more details on the role.
Nigel Frank International is the global leading Microsoft Technology Recruitment firm, providing the most Azure / DevOps opportunities within the global market. Dealing with both Microsoft Gold Partners and End Users, our specific DevOps, Azure and technical Development team specialise in the highest amount of exclusive live roles within the UK market, enabling us to match your requirements with a broad range of exciting opportunities.
Our client relationships have been built up through our extensive knowledge and experience within the industry, with clients using our service time and again for the best experience within the DevOps and Azure markets. I am interested in speaking to any DevOps / Azure candidate who is seeking their next career move, and can ensure complete confidentiality in the process.
Azure, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Ruby, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps Engineer, London, Remote