Azure Solutions Architect - Permanent - New York, NY - $185k
The role is a technical, customer facing pre-sales role that is accountable for selling and evangelizing Azure based solutions, range of Microsoft Portfolio of what the company offers to the clients.
Role and Responsibilities Description
- Consult with the company's clients to understand their needs and pain points, and accordingly scope and design Azure solutions, data center migrations, identify reuse and re-platforming opportunities as well as refactoring opportunities to scale their adoption of Microsoft Azure and digital transformation.
- Own the Azure technical customer engagement including developing the architectural design on specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts, and Cloud solution architecture components of customer facing contract bid responses.
- Participate in the solution selling lifecycle working closely with the account teams and extended cross - functional teams to mobilize the sold solution and set it up for successful delivery
- Mentor and coach the delivery teams, architects, and developers to ensure that architecture and requirements best practices are followed.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for cloud solution architectures.
- Drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the company's sales teams.
- Deep understanding of Azure, Apps, Infra and DevOps space and cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Deep technical experience in application design and development including app migrations to Azure, app refactoring, designing and building apps using Azure native technologies, app integrations etc.
- Experience and familiarity with Azure app related services - App Services, ASP.NET, MVC, .NET Core, Web APIs, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Service Bus, Event Grid, Azure Kubernetes Service, SQL Server, Azure SQL Database etc.
- Hands-on with tools & methods in capability, business transformation delivery, sizing & estimations
- Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such as PowerShell DSC, Chef, ARM Templates, and Puppet is preferred
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following programming languages preferred: PowerShell, Bash, .Net, .Net Core, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails is preferred
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication Certifications
- Ability to be hands-on in leadership roles as well as manage others to execute and deliver project deliverables
- 3+ years senior level support with cloud infrastructure as part of responsibilities
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support team
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position is preferred
- Certifications (Preferred)
- Architect Exam: Azure Fundamentals; Architecting Azure Solutions 70-534, AZ - 300 & AZ - 301, 70-533, AZ - 100 & 101 Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions, AZ - 203, 70-532 Developing Azure Solutions
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com