Senior Systems Administrator - FULLY REMOTE UK WIDE
Salary up to £65k DOE
My client are on the hunt for an experienced Senior System Administrator to take a key role in a team tasked with the creation of a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers.
You will play a key role in a skilled core team of server side engineers, tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of our architecture.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Configure, deploy and maintain a cloud based infrastructure to support a world wide MMO game.
- Develop and maintain robust CI/CD solutions.
- Build a robust monitoring solution to accurately report system health and quickly detect problems.
- Work closely with the development team to assist with infrastructure planning.
- Use best practices to ensure system security.
- Resolve problems and provide reports detailing the detection, diagnoses and resolution actions taken.
- Set a standard of high quality and high performance across diverse systems and applications.
- Work closely with the development team to find the best solutions for a variety of requests.
- Prioritise technical tasks and work with the team to plan for development.
- Professional experience as a senior systems administrator, ideally for 6+ years.
- A strong understanding of server and systems deployment using Terraform.
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD, ideally from the ground up. Good knowledge of GitLab Pipelines or GitHub Actions and experience integrating tooling with Slack a distinct advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of security best practices.
- Good experience building monitoring solutions.
- A strong background in detecting and fixing problems highlighted by monitoring alerts.
- Hands on experience with containerisation, including Docker.
- Strong documentation and auditing skills.
- Experience in Git.
- Good knowledge of networking i.e. TCP, HTTP, LB, NAT, WebSockets etc.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- AWS, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
- AWS ECR experience.
- Experience with GitLab Pipelines or GitHub Actions.
- Experience working with non-technical team members to find the best solution for design requirements.
- Experience integrating tooling into the Unity Editor.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785 for more info.