Digital Insights Consultant - Permanent - Remote - $130k
This Microsoft Partner is seeking a Data & Analytics professional with a passion for utilizing the Microsoft BI Stack to provide value and insights to a business. The Digital Insights Consultant has experience building and contributing to the design of database systems, both normalized transactional systems and dimensional reporting systems. Strong experience with SQL Server as a database engine, as well as Microsoft and Open Source technology experience implementing Big Data with Advanced Analytics solutions. Successful candidates will have experience and skill in providing solutions for storing, retrieving, transforming and aggregating data to support line of business applications as well as reporting systems. The Digital Insights Consultant will work with customers to deliver solutions utilizing strong business, technical and data modeling skills. This position will work collaboratively across all of the company's sales, service delivery and account management organizations in service to their customers. This position will represent the company's approach to data visualization and information delivery solutions and as such must demonstrate proficiency with Power BI and Azure Data Services. This position will require an understanding of how analytics are positioned to meet business objectives, how analytics relates to business and enterprise architectures, and how to implement data visualization solutions through people, process and technology.
- 5 - 7 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2014/2016/2019) and proficiency in T-SQL
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- 5+ years of analytics development and implementation experience
- 5+ year of experience with Power BI or competitive technologies
- 3+ years of experience with SSAS, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL
- Proficiency in MDX and / or DAX queries
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related field
- Required Technical Skills
- General architecture
- Being able to interpret business requirements into functional and then technical requirements
- Understanding of and experience designing and implementing workflow/process-based systems
- Cloud based data architecture and reporting solutions o Information architecture
- Data Modeling principles for relational and dimensional data structures
- Data Warehouse design principles (e.g. Kimball, Inmon)
- Source to target mapping (ETL, ELT)
- Experience using open source or dedicated analytics tools o Microsoft SQL Server technologies:
- SQL Server 2014/2016/2019 (SQL, T-SQL, Structure/Index/SQL-Tuning) * SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) (Tabular) o Microsoft Azure * Azure SQL * Azure Data Factory (ADF) * Azure DW (Synapse)
Desired Technical Skills
- Information architecture
- Taxonomies, Metadata Management and Master Data Management principles
- Experience with Python and / or R
- Data Stewardship, Ownership and Quality Management principles
- Big Data Technologies
- Languages: R, Python, Spark, Scala
- Databricks, MLFlow, Delta Lake
- HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Hive
- Platforms: R Studio, Azure ML Studio, etc.
- General DBMS experience
- RDBMS - Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.
- NoSQL - Hbase, Casandra, DataStax, MongoDB, CouchDB, etc.
- Microsoft Azure Services o Microsoft Technologies
- Azure Data Lake
- Logic Apps
- Azure Databricks
- Power Platform
- General Reporting capabilities
- Power BI (M & DAX), Power Automate, Power Apps
- Qlik, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at firstname.lastname@example.org