Senior Network Engineer- Melbourne, FL- $105k (Must be local to Melbourne, FL)
Our client, a non-profit organization, is looking for a senior network engineer to provide hands on support to their servers, virtualized environment, applications, networking, and mobile devices. This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, and troubleshoots user issues to resolution. Other areas of support in this role include LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and application installs, user support/training, and other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maintain a Cisco centric network environment, including but not limited to Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Wireless
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and escalate to the appropriate vendor when necessary WAN/LAN connections
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Maintain, monitor and test VMware as it relates to SRM (Site Recovery Manager)
- Execute monthly testing of Disaster Recovery
- Serve as lead technical advisor on disaster recovery planning and testing
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Hands-on experience with Cisco and VMware
- Must have previous firewall experience
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients' technical issues
- Detail oriented, task driven with excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
If you feel you are a good fit for this role, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paige directly: 704 247 5570.
Nigel Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on Microsoft Cloud technologies. We deal with Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the Azure space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.nigelfrank.com for more information.