One of the leading Cloud Solutions Providers in the UK is looking to ramp up their Cloud Consulting division by recruiting a number of Cloud Engineers with proven experience using either the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS). The roles form part of a wider recruitment drive, all down to increased project pipeline, with the Cloud Consulting team in particular hugely strategic from a hiring standpoint. Speaking of the organisation... they are massive, with these roles offering unrivalled career development opportunities and the chance to engage directly with blue chip clients daily.
What more could you want?
In terms of the day-to-day, you'll be tasked with leading projects from initial inception to delivery whilst acting as an SME on all things Cloud.
You'll also be given the opportunity to share your knowledge with more junior members of the team, offering mentoring and coaching whilst at the same time broadening your skillset should you choose a career in management in the future.
Moreover, due to the consulting nature of this organisation, your role will involve extensive stakeholder-facing responsibilities so you should be somebody who is happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architectural strategy to hands on engineering. Finally, you role will involve a large element of fun... genuinely. Its a great place to work.
But enough about the company and enough about the role. This, like any half decent job ad, is all about you... specifically, what you need to bring to the table in order to apply...
- Proven experience working with either the Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure or AWS. Note that candidates from a pure AWS background would be expected to do some cross-training into GCP or Azure.
- Commercial experience working with DevOps/CI/CD tools and technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform.
- Good skills in scripting and programming (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell).
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems.
- Experience with SIEM administration including the capture and processing of both logs and processes.
- Good understanding of networking (WAN, LAN, VPC, VPN).
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
But fundamentally, what they are looking for is somebody with excellent communication skills and a genuine passion for technology that goes beyond the normal '9 to 5'. This organisation lives and breathes technology and they want that same experience for their customers, so somebody who embodies those core values is what they truly require from all applicants.
So if you like the sound of this role then reach out - I can be contacted via the following:
Office Line: 0191 338 7540
LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'
Anything discussed will remain 100% confidential and fully compliant with GDPR