SC Cleared DevOps/ Platform Engineer - Inside IR35 - 4 Months - Onsite
Location - Corsham
Rate - Up to £500pd (Inside IR35)
Duration - 4 Months (Extensions Likely)
My client has an opportunity for an experienced SC Cleared DevOps/ Platform Engineer to join them on a 4 Month contract with the opportunity to extend beyond the initial duration.
This is a requirement for a dual purpose role to fulfill two part time requirements.
* Veritas Netbackup Installation, support and management
* Implementation and Management of HP Enterprise Storage (3Par) as well as management across Nimble and NetApp platforms
* Implementation and management of SAN fabrics, switches and components
* Enterprise storage hardware and software fault resolution in HA critical estates
* Shell script writing
* Redhat Linux v6/7/8 experience
* Windows 2012/2016/2019 experience
* Networking protocols and topologies
* Strong skills in verbal and written communication including the writing and reviewing of technical
* Defining and maintaining technical designs according to cloud best practices
* Using leading technology - our clients are constantly looking to take cloud technology further, leveraging open-source technology, CI/CD, and modern software architectures such as microservices, to name but a few.
* Supporting and improving business capabilities, processes, and applications in the Cloud.
* Building supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
* Defining and maintaining technical designs according to Cloud best practices.
* Hands on experience of AWS/Azure/Google platform features and capabilities
* Expertise in container technologies like Kubernetes and/or VMware
* Expertise in Hashicorp products such as Terraform and Vault
* Hands on experience with the multi-node configuration tools like: Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible
* Automation and orchestration tooling experience with Packer, Cloud Formation
* Exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, CI/CD - and experience in implementing tools that underpin these practices (Jenkins, Bamboo, GoCD)
* Good command line skills in at least one of the following Go, Ruby, Python, Powershell, Bash, JSON
* Sound awareness of monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, SiteScope
* Good experience of Linux