DevOps Engineer (Cape Town/Remote)
One of our long-standing clients, with international reach, is expanding!
With an exciting road-map and plan to take their current service offerings to the US market, their smart data management and protection platform helps partners discover, manage, and protect all of their customers' data from a single, unified application, offering the broadest support for data spanning modern and legacy infrastructures and multiple SaaS platforms.
VISION: To discover, manage and protect customers' data from a single control centre.
MISSION: To make our customers life simpler, safer and smarter.
PURPOSE (our WHY): Our belief that there is a smarter way of doing data management.
PHILOSOPHY: We have many different styles and strengths, but what we all have in common is our commitment to:
- perform on a high level with high standards,
- deliver great results,
- learn and grow, and
- feel engaged in our work.
OUR VALUES AND CULTURE of FLIP: Fun, Learning, Integrity and Profit
- Supporting engineering teams with build and release processes
- Continued improvements with CI and CD pipelines
- Drives unification and automation of processes across engineering
- Highly effective cross-team collaborator (Dev, Ops and QA)
- Provisioning, maintenance and administration of cloud and on-premises infrastructure
- Configuration of sophisticated alerting to ensure high availability of products and services
- Research and adoption of technology and tooling
- Be accountable for quality and reliability
- 4 years in SRE/DevOps or related role
- 2 years' experience in C# or other modern OO language
- Highly experienced with automation tooling and scripting languages
- Highly experienced with CI/CD platforms and release strategies
- Experience of the full SDLC and working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Experience of building/supporting complex and secure cloud products and services (ReST API's, scalability, reliability, etc.)
- Knowledge of end-to-end infrastructure including networking, firewalls, load balancers, application servers etc.
- Fault finding, guidance on issue escalation and resolution
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience of Microsoft Azure products and services, including Azure DevOps
- Experience of writing and maintaining automated tests
- Experience of working with various database technologies including SQL
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cost reduction/efficiency
- Experience of people management and ability to lead, drive and influence others (technical and soft skills)
- College or university qualification in a relevant software engineering or other technical discipline
If you're keen to take on a new challenge and enjoy knowledge sharing, learning and working with the latest tech, this could be the perfect role for you.
To apply, send over your updated CV to s.maritz @ nigelfrank.com or add me on LinkedIn: Stacey Maritz (Nigel Frank International)
Best of luck with your application!