A Multinational Bank is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join an already established team. The client is looking for a hands-on candidate who is ready to come get the ball rolling. Previous experience in Network Design is essential.
Role & Responsibilities
* To work for the Solutions Design and Delivery team to ensure efficient delivery of the projects in a variety of Network technologies including LAN, WAN, SDN, Wireless, Load Balancing and Security.
* Work with Key stakeholders and Project Managers to create Low level designs which adhere to defined architectural standards.
* Responsible for ensuring that any designs are implemented in line with current architecture and documentation is fit for purpose.
* Provide accurate estimation of workload and timelines for delivery.
* Timely update and whenever necessary timely escalation of issues to right stakeholders.
* Be responsible for end to end delivery of the Project tasks.
* Work with global support teams to transition knowledge of individual deliveries.
* Contribute to the management of risk to ensure;
* Compliance to regulatory and mandatory policies
* Audit findings and Issue Assurances are fully addressed
* Adherence to all change management processes
* Full documentation for all deployments
* Knowledge Transfer to Support teams
* Prioritization of work streams with business and IT partners
* Focus on delivery of committed work streams in the agreed time frames
* Solution engineers is responsible for design, build and deployment activities to deliver appropriate infrastructure solutions to meet customer requirements at an enterprise level and within budget
* Contribute to the definition of network infrastructure strategy and policy by taking an active role in working with Product Managers and Product Engineers to influence architectural strategy
* 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing or supporting complex networks.
* In-Depth technical understanding of one or more of the below technologies
* Cisco Routing and Switching (Cisco ACI, NXOS, Arista, ASR, CSR, CSP)
* Juniper Routing and Switching
* F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM)
* Fortigate Firewalls
* Juniper Firewalls
* Cisco Wireless
* Bluecoat / Symantec Proxy
* Experience managing relationships with senior business partners
* Ability to prioritise workloads in a complex environment
* Ability to work under pressure during peak times
* Strong Team player who is willing to adapt to the changing technology needs of a major financial institution.
* Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly when required.