DevOps Engineer - Halifax - Up to £80,000
My Clients are one of the leading financial firms in the UK who are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll work in a highly collaborative way, working closely with other DevOps specialists and engineers, suppliers and other partners.
What we except of you
- Primarily, as someone with a wealth DevOps experience, you're someone who knows what it's all about and you're excited by the challenge of helping us on our DevOps journey!
- You're dynamic and adaptable - able to learn & use new skills & knowledge in varying circumstances.
- You're a superb communicator, able to work well with a large variety of different people in different roles. You're a strong negotiator, analytical in your approach and a keen problem solver.
- As a leader and motivator you'll drive positivity - demonstrating the right values and behaviours, encouraging these in other team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Hands-on use of one of more cloud platforms (e.g. GCP; Azure; AWS); Kubernetes (incl. CLI, YAML, HELM v3, Istio and Networking); Docker; Kaniko and Containers in general.
- Experience of common programming languages and frameworks e.g. Node.JS, REACT & .Net Core.
- Extensive use of Groovy or other scripting languages and experience of developing Jenkins shared libraries.
- Extensive knowledge of dependency and artefact management using industry standard tooling e.g. Nexus.
- Extensive experience of YAML and JSON and use of GIT for config management.
- Google Cloud technologies: Apigee, Cloud Load Balancing.
- Azure Technologies: API Manager, App Gateway, Azure SQL, Azure firewall, encryption and certificate management.
- Monitoring tools e.g. Azure Monitor/Log Analytics/Dynatrace/Splunk.
- Automated functional testing e.g. Selenium; Selenium Grid.
- Secrets management e.g. Vault.
- Training and development
- Performance based bonus
- Pension contribution
- Private Health cover