An industry-leading organisation are looking for a passionate Data Product Owner to join their team as a Data Platform Product Manager. This role can be largely remote, with occasional travel to their Central London Head Office, likely up to 1-2 times per month.
This organisation have invested a lot into their data function in recent years, and they are now fully operating on Azure (including use of data bricks), with a desire to start utilising Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the near future, making this is an incredibly exciting time to join the team!
The role will balance both transformation and business-as-usual work in an Agile (Scum) environment, with a real opportunity to contribute to their longer-term data strategy.
You will collaborate with both internal and external teams to understand requirements, user stories and data needs, ensuring that solutions are prioritised and delivered effectively, whilst using your commercial mindset and data expertise to provide thought leadership and champion best practice.
You'll work closely with an Architect to lead the Data Engineering team, and you will directly line manage the Data Visualisation team, so a desire to line manage and develop a high-performing team are crucial for this role.
This is a really unique opportunity to work with some of the latest cutting-edge technologies and actively shape their future data set-up!
* Track-record in a data product owner / data manager / data business partner / technical business analyst role
* Strong technical knowledge of Azure data platform technologies such as - data lakes, data marts, data warehousing, data bricks, data factory, synapse etc.
* Excellent experience gathering clear requirements and user stories
* Commercial acumen and an understanding of business priorities
* Demonstrable passion for emerging technologies and trends
* A champion for agile working
* Salary up to £80,000 depending on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus additional 3 to be taken over Christmas - New Year
* Private healthcare
* Annual discretionary bonus
Please Note: This is a permanent role for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK, offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group. To find out more and speak confidentially about your job search or hiring needs, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org