Data Science Manager
Salary Negotiable DOE
My client are a large Retail bank, and an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Science Manger to Lead a team of technical specialists in delivering data science. Support customer needs and commercial objectives by using quantitative analysis to provide insight and direction
Excellent time to join the business as they are investing heavily in their Data Science/Insights team, and Management role will offer progression into upper echelons of the department as you grow your team out.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong quantitative analytics background in retail markets - preferably retail financial services
- Extensive experience of using analytics to design, drive and deliver business strategies in a fast paced environment
- Expert knowledge of open source technology
- Able to influence key stakeholders and build relationships at all levels across the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading a team of specialists to apply industry best practice in data science so the bank leverages its data assets to meet the current and future needs of customers.
- Establishing a bankwide recognised centre of excellence in the use of data science and specifically machine learning.
- Engaging with external centres of excellence to identify opportunities for collaborative projects and bring in-house industry-leading best practice. Championing an environment of innovation and test and learn.
- The performance and leadership of the data science department so that the team deliver the modelling capability and insight to maximise the value from available internal and external data.
- Embedding an engaging, challenging and supportive environment that delivers career development.
- Leading the evolution of the analytics culture including the promotion of best practices, challenge of the status quo, the collaborative use of data and championing data-driven, fact-based decision making frameworks.
- Directing the design of predictive and prescriptive solutions aligned to priorities of the Analytics strategy
- Leading the design and delivery of analytical solutions that directly impact the customer, these solutions extend across personalisation, attribution, pricing and value modelling.
- Leading the design and development of modelling solutions within a multi-disciplinary team working in agile ways to deliver better outcomes for customers and improved financial returns
- Excellent salary
- Bonus of up to 25%
- Flexible Work from Home
This is an excellent opportunity that won't be around for long, so if this is of interest or you can recommend anyone suitable who you know is on the market, please apply or reach out to Mhairi from Jefferson Frank.
Phone: 0191 338 7547