Network Architect - Manchester/Remote - £45-85k
Please note - this role requires you to work from the Manchester based office or client site around 2-3 days per week. You must have the unrestricted right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role - this organisation is not able to offer sponsorship.
My client are an award winning, fast growing MSP in the North West of the UK. They are looking for a Network Architect to join their growing architecture team.
They are a dynamic and close knit team, with a good work life balance. There is a sense of community within the wider organisation and the leadership team take a real interest in your skills and development. They are growing quickly as there is a whole new generation in tech for cloud and networking that is driving new opportunity and change.
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- Finding the right technology fit for an organisation based on a thorough understanding of requirements
- Client facing: Pre-Sales, Requirements Gathering, Meetings, Interviews, Workshops, Presentations. Helping clients formulate a business case and justify technology investment
- Preparing proposals, working closely with the sales teams to create compelling content
- High level design - providing blue prints for engineering teams, you're accountable for the effectiveness of the solution and work closely with technology teams on implementation
- Devising migration and adoption plans - deciding on the migration approach, understanding implementation steps and managing risk
- Decision making - responsible/accountable for solution success, proving technology leadership throughout the process
- Communicating with key stakeholders across the client organisation and internally, translating business goals into key technology building blocks
We are looking for a good mix of the following skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
- Cisco - SD-WAN (formally Viptella) - practical experience with design and some aspects of implementation using Cisco SD-WAN across a number of client scenarios
- Fortinet - practical experience with design and some aspects of implementation using Fortigate firewalls
- Use of VPN technologies - including MPLS and remote access (SSL) VPN to help design private networks
- Use of quality of service (QoS) tools and integration of low latency applications such as VOIP
- Understanding of circuit and device resiliency options and design considerations for high availability
- Understanding of computer security principles and how they are applied to network architecture, including appropriate topologies and tools
- Passion for technology and self-development through reading books/blogs/articles, attending user groups/conferences/exhibitions etc.
- Certifications; to a professional level across one or more technology areas (or commensurate experience). Examples include CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, MSc in a relevant technology area
- MSP / Solution Provider background (or evidence of transferable skills and experience)
Culture & Values
- Family Orientated
- Fun atmosphere
- Work-life balance
- Technology Driven
- Base Salary - £45,000 to £85,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- Life Assurance
- Plus much, much more…
- Working Location - Remote and office based with some client travel (Manchester base)
- Working Hours - Flexible with Core Hours between 8am - 6pm - 7.5 hours a day
- Interview Process - 2 stages
- Salary Reviews - Every 6 months
- Dress Code - Informal internally and appropriate/respectful to the client
- Training & Development Options - Paid Training and Certs, Books, Materials, the exam, online materials, some in-work study time available
To apply for this role please submit your CV or contact David Airey on 0191 338 7508 or at email@example.com - interviews are taking place next week so don't miss out!