Data Engineer - Permanent - Remote - $130k
The Data Engineer will occupy a key position supporting the company's analytics ecosystem, building their next generation data platforms as well as supporting their legacy platforms through retirement. Collaborating with forward thinking IT professionals, data scientists and commercial teams, you will work with powerful data and deliver information through innovative technology. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing manual processes, generating code, and creating automated systems which democratize big data analytics and machine learning across the enterprise.
You are passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated and looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. If you enjoy working with best-in-class data and helping clients make transformative business decisions, this job is for you.
- Take ownership of understanding the business and operational issues at hand, and determine how to best solve them through a data-driven approach.
- Develop highly scalable, secure, and flexible enterprise data solutions.
- Build and maintain data pipelines using Python code.
- Automate the influx of data and build moldable solutions for data acquisition, ETL and machine learning pipelines.
- Perform fixes and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Identify strategic technical weak points, design, and advocate for solutions.
- Design and develop software tools in existing platforms, and be responsible for design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and deployment.
- Proactively engage in continuous improvement of processes and capabilities to take advantage of new technology offerings.
- Write documentation in clear language that can be understood by non-technical team members.
- 3 years' data engineering experience.
- 2 years of python, R or Scala programming and scripting in production environment.
- Familiarity with cloud services at the enterprise level for data and analytics, i.e. Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Skills developing in Databricks preferred.
- Strong experience in SQL, including query tuning.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and when to apply them.
- Deep understanding of large-scale, distributed systems.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and drive for superior product quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, or similar field of study.
- Master's Degree in the above disciplines or MBA a plus.
If this role is of interest, please contact Shannon today at email@example.com.