A great new role for a senior DevOps or IaC specialist to move into a more management-focused role. Here you will be working for one of Norway's best and biggest cruise companies who are taking on an international market and focusing on making the customer journey as seamless as possible. Your role will be 80% technical, leading the way in regards to automation and cloud governance but you will also gain responsibilities for enterprise-related tasks too.
- The product owner will be responsible for decision-making regarding automation on their 14 vessels.
- A key element of this role will be cloud governance. This will be at least 50% of this role.
- You must have an infrastructure background with multiple years of experience, gaining a great level of experience in a range of technologies related to on-prem and cloud infra.
- Lead the IaC scripting to manage vessels infrastructure when the vessels are offline due to poor connectivity in remote locations on the globe.
- Aim to create a scalable infrastructure that will remain cutting edge and relevant for the next 5 years.
- Create a standardized practice that can be used across all vessels.
- Work for hands-on projects, leading the team from the front, creating a team culture, and dealing with processes.
- Make decisions, relate this back to business needs, and put forward business cases to upper management.
- Work closely with vendors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Prioritize Quarterly backlog, when this project ends, work on the next automation-related project which could be in any business area.
- Azure (Experience with other cloud providers is still relevant)
- Cloud Governance
- Terraform, Arm Templates
- Linux Infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of automation.
- Experience working with offline technologies/infrastructure
- Agile Experience
- Networking, DNS, SSL certificates
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent/higher
You will be leading an established area of the business focused on cloud governance and automation. This doesn't mean there is little to do, the company has big plans to fully automate as much as possible and create a sustainable infrastructure that can last for many years to come. You will be the main driving force for decision making and you will be the go-to person for advice regarding this subject.
The office is in the center of Oslo with great transport links making it easy to travel too. Not only that, the company offers flexible working strategies which allow you to work from home when needed. Here you would get a very competitive compensation package and be surrounded by a lot of tech specialists in DevOps.
If this sounds like a role that could interest you, please apply!