Cloud Engineer - Manchester
Salary up to £60k & 20% Bonus
You will be working in one of the fastest growing and dynamic areas of the company and supporting them in delivering an exceptional cloud infrastructure for all their customers. You'll help to define and establish a continuous delivery approach on their AWS cloud platform. You will be working closely with other members of the agile community within the client, including the Product Owner, Solution Architects and other DevOps Engineers supporting and developing the cloud infrastructure.
The team is new and growing rapidly, looking for talented colleagues to help deliver ambitious and market leading services that live up to their industry leading reputation.
What you need to do
They are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their Cloud Operations working within a team engaged in delivery and running the cloud platform to ensure the scalability, reliability, security and efficiency of the environments that host their applications.
As a Cloud Engineer you will:
- Support the delivery of best in breed cloud services to them within a Cloud function.
- Deploy and configure production systems, with a particular focus on automation, ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability and security.
- Collaborate with other DevOps Cloud Engineers to help design, and implementing automated pipelines in the cloud.
- Input into design, collaborating with other engineers and architects to ensure that solutions help customers and achieve their goals.
- Work to understand operational impacts to architectural Cloud decisions.
- Monitor new features/functionality and assess their Ops implications to continuously improve services, make recommendations to the Senior Engineers/Cloud Ops Manager on where improvements can be made.
- Ensure Identity and Access Management controls are in place and strictly adhered to
- Monitor infrastructure and react to event driven alerts appropriately.
- Perform other integration and Dev/Ops activities for Cloud Operations as required.
- Produce and maintain documentation of support processes & resolutions to known operational issues.
- Focus on self-development and upskilling on delivering code and evolving cloud services
What you need to know
- Have experience of working with Agile delivery teams in a fast paced, DevOps environment
- Have an understanding of AWS services and how to utilise what the cloud has to offer to build highly secure and scalable infrastructure
- Some experience of writing infrastructure as code.
- Experience in one or more programming languages
- Terraform experience is desirable.
- Be diligent and positive about tracking (JIRA), system monitoring, security, auditing.
- Understanding of source and version control tools such as Gitlab
- Understanding of Service Operation & ITIL responsibilities
- An up-to-date understanding of Cloud technology base
- Previous experience as a member of a Cloud team within IT Operations is desirable.
What you need to show
- Self-starter, strong initiative and commitment to learning
- Idea driven and feed your insights to the Cloud Operations Manager to continuously improve the platform
- Be an active contributing part of an agile operations team
- Logical approach to problem solving and an excellent attention to detail
- The ability to engage with stakeholders throughout the business
- Ability to quickly understand issues and reporting scenarios
- The passion, drive and commitment to succeed in a fast-moving environment
What decisions I can make
- The delivery strategy and approach for your activities, with oversight from more senior members.
- Prioritisation of work in conjunction with the Cloud Ops Manager and Senior Engineers.
- Personal development and training.
Resources available to me
- The knowledge and support of the Cloud Ops team and other engineers.
- A wholly engaged business with no shortage of appetite for information to help them be more successful.
- Training as required.
To apply or for more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0191 814 7785 or LinkedIn 'Oliver King'