Nigel Frank is working with a large banking organisation that is focused on making banking better for Police, health and emergency service workers so they can focus on making our community safer and healthier.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join a team responsible for providing analytical and data support to the business through reporting and analysis of operational and member demographic factors. You'll be working with each department to identify reporting and / or analytical needs and provide accurate and timely information.
- Work with internal customers to fulfil their reporting requirements. This includes regular and ad-hoc executive and business performance reporting.
- Produce a range of accurate and timely reports as required, accompanied with actionable insights that influence business decision-making.
- Liaise with Technology in relation to data availability, management, validation, and integrity.
- Provide hands on support in building and refining reports.
- Analyse data using statistical or machine learning approaches.
- Work with team members, and internal and external stakeholders to develop an effective and efficient reporting suite.
- Participate constructively in regular meetings and strategic projects such as building the foundation for Business Intelligence, i.e., Data Warehousing, Data Dictionary, Business Glossary, Transformation rules, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree-level qualification or higher in a business, information analytics or IT related discipline.
- Experience as a data analyst in a corporate or consulting setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services products and systems. Prior experience in the customer owned banking industry would be well-regarded.
- Understanding of the finance industry and its regulatory environment such as privacy laws and risk assessment.
- Experience developing data visualisations and dashboards to support decision making and the communication and analytical outputs.
- Experience with database management, data modelling and reporting applications. Knowledge of one of SQL scripting, R or Python is essential.
- Aspiring to apply statistical or machine learning approaches to large datasets and some experience in programming languages such as R or Python would be well-regarded.
- Knowledge of data models, databases, and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Proficient in the use of database and data reporting tools (such as Power BI).
- Familiarity with reading and writing SQL.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good numeracy and statistical skills.
- MS Office Skills, especially advanced Excel skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Professional Interpersonal Skills.
- Understanding of Process Management - requirements, documentation, and implementation
What's in for you:
- Discounts and savings off a range of our products and services
- Ambulance Victoria Membership reimbursements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee assistance program
- Paid volunteer leave
- Ongoing professional development with access to study leave
- Reward and recognition program
Please note that to be considered for this role you must be Permanent Resident or Citizen. For all inquiries, or to apply, email email@example.com or alternatively give me a call on +61 3 8592 0512.