A Northern Virginia based modern management and technology consulting firm is looking to add a Cloud Engineer to their team. The correct candidate will design and develop cloud-based infrastructure and security solutions to transform and modernize applications for our clients. This position is fully remote and will stay that way even after the Covid-19 pandemic. A minimum of an Active Secret Security Clearance is required. The targeted salary is $120,000.
- Able to qualify for a Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
- AWS and/or Azure certifications, such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate.
- Experience with version control systems and tools (Git, GitHub)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline).
- Experience with broad array of security technologies, such as NGFW, WAF, SIEM, endpoint security and more.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, (CloudTrail, AWS Config, etc), cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Experience with continuous delivery and using agile techniques.
- Firm sense of accountability and leadership.
- Passionate for making things better and driving action.
- Experience developing system security plans.
- 2+ years of experience in the development of cloud-computing solutions, especially DoD clients
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET Clearance
- Experience automating the provisioning and automation of your architectures and solutions (i.e., Infrastructure-as-Code)
- One or more security-related certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISA, CISM, SECURITY+, OSCP)
- Familiarity with containerization platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- MA/MS degree in a technical field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.