DBA / Database Developer - London
Are you an experienced database developer who is looking for a new exciting opportunity!
This opportunity will give you the chance to work within a highly skilled and successful in-house development team. With a varied range of projects across different aspects of the business - you will always have a new challenge to work on.
After being founded in 2005, this client has grown to become one of Europe's biggest online retailers. Offering over 30,000 products on their website! Giving you the opportunity to work with the latest, cutting-edge technologies within the e-commerce market.
The company has a strong culture that values diversity and has a strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. They are looking for skilled, enthusiastic, and ambitious individuals to join their team!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coding and improving the existing SQL Server T-SQL queries.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance. Using profiler traces, extended events, and other tools to optimize SQL code, comparing SQL plans, etc.
- DBA duties = to ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining SSIS packages.
- 5+ years of working with MS SQL Server
- Extensive SQL Query development
- Good understanding of relational database principles and guidelines
- Database administration: performance tuning and optimisation, backup, reliability, high availability, and DR solutions
- Experience participating in full lifecycle development
- SSIS development and implementation experience
- Designing & implementing AWS/Azure cloud databases - desirable
- Base Salary - up to £45,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays- with the chance to increase to 30 days
- Life insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Staff discount
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP with limited interview spots this and next week, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary).
I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group