"Coding developer with test automation expertise"
Our customers trust that their transactions are professionally, consistently and efficiently by modern software systems with high quality standards.
To achieve this we are using test automation engineers to conduct automated testing. Test automation engineers are software developers who design and write programs that run automatic tests on new or existing software - an essential part of the software development cycle.
We use automation frameworks (standardised guidelines) to build these programs on and write test scripts that do the testing.
Role description and some responsibilities include:
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Using test automation frameworks
- Investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- Working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
- Test automation engineer is responsible for development and maintains of technical tools used for test automation such as SpecFlow
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the
development process from requirements definition through to delivery
- Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation
- Mentor team members on automation
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing
innovative solutions to solve them
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results
Key skills for test automation developers
- Programming languages, such as C#
- Cucumber, Postman, Selenium
- API testing
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Ability to learn and understand various business domains
- Business requirement creation
- Think outside the box during test development
For mer informajson, ta kontakt med Therese Dahl på +47 23 96 62 00 eller email@example.com