A very well-established organisation are looking for a driven Data Engineer to join their growing team. This is a home-based role, where you will only be required to visit their Lichfield office once every couple of weeks. However, you can of course go into the office more often if you wish.
It's a really exciting time to join the team, as they look to migrate their existing on-premise data warehouse to a cloud-based data platform built on Azure, and this project would be the primary focus of your role.
As such, they are looking for someone with a solid grasp of Azure components such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake and Azure Synapse.
This organisation have a real focus on providing self-service BI solutions across the business, and you will be instrumental in supporting this from a Data Engineering perspective.
Additional responsibilities will include managing various data sources, ensuring that data is being ingested and structured correctly and developing new ETL processes e.g. building Azure pipelines for Power BI reporting.
This is a highly sought-after opportunity to work on a greenfield Azure project, with an organisation who will support your long-term development.
- Strong SQL Development experience
- Strong experience creating and optimizing SSIS packages
- Strong experience in dimensional modelling (e.g. Kimball)
- An understanding of Microsoft Azure components - e.g. Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse
- Desirable: knowledge of Power BI
- Salary of up to £46,000 depending upon experience
- 30 days' holiday including bank
- Annual medical
- Training and development opportunities
- Home and flexible working opportunities
To discuss this exciting opportunity further or for your application to be fast-tracked, please apply ASAP.