The IT Azure Specialist I position will primarily focus on designing, implementing, maintaining, and updating our Microsoft Azure infrastructure. This position will also require development of working knowledge of our on-premise systems and architecture to aid in the support of the systems as workloads require.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a relevant technical understanding of Microsoft infrastructure solutions including Azure, Office 365, and Windows Server
- Design and deploy all aspects of Azure infrastructure technologies and topologies
- Migrate and deploy various workloads to Azure
- Perform reporting for Azure spending, resource usage and suggestions
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware, and software systems
- Azure firewall configuration
- Work with management, department leads, and other staff to ensure that IT Operations is proactively improving our business
- Manage enterprise grade firewalls
- Configure IKEv2 IPsec VPN's
- Evaluate and suggest IT solutions that ensure our client stays on the cutting edge of technologies that support the business and industry
- Incorporate tools, technologies, techniques, and design patterns to create maintainable, scalable, high-performance database solutions.
- Design, implement and maintain code in development, test, and production environments and design solutions to support systematic promotion between environments.
- Perform work of high difficulty in writing, modifying, tuning, and debugging database indexes, queries, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and other database entities.
- Perform SQL Server administration activities including backup, restore, DBCC commands, and indexing.
- Automate complex processes with SQL Agent jobs and PowerShell scripting.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot permissions schemas using advanced security concepts such as proxies and impersonation.
- Develop and maintain documentation on the SQL Servers, Automated Jobs, and procedures
- Collaborate with project managers and business analysts to develop solutions that meet client business requirements.
- Follow project specifications and corporate coding standards and policies.
- Manage code in a source control system.
- Stay current with relevant tools and technologies
- Assist with code reviews
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Ability to react quickly to high priority and critical issues that affect internal and external users and resolve the issue without support from other staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Azure platform certifications
- Firewall and Security principals
- Windows Desktop and Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2019
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services
- Expertise in several Azure services
- Understanding of the majority of ways of how azure ties together and works
- Understanding Azure billing, Azure Cost analysis and the different datacenters benefit
- Azure automation tools
- Understanding basic networking, and understanding basic network security practices
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field or relevant work experience
- PowerShell v5+ experience
- Next Gen firewalls
- Ability to work well within deadline-oriented development structure
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment
- Strong technical abilities and desire to learn new things
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skill, teamwork, and customer service skills
License and Certifications:
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Certifications preferred
For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at email@example.com. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...