Sr. Azure Big Data Engineer - Permanent - Remote - $135k
This company is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and has 450 employees. Their motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Their expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Senior Big Data Engineer to lead their Database Engineering vertical.
As a Senior Database Engineer, you will be joining a growing Engineering team. You will work with teams of engineers to help them all learn, grow and succeed. You will provide technical leadership to the team and hold accountability for technical decisions.
- Has more than 5 years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Ensures solutions are built, according to business and technical specifications, supporting an error-free and high-performing platform
- Contributes significantly to architectural decisions around our data
- Performs code reviews and supports SQL optimization and tuning
- Mentors more junior members of the team
- Participates in Agile ceremonies
- Is always thinking of better ways to do something
- Isn't afraid to fail
- Cares deeply about quality
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Understands deeply how to build data warehouses and data marts
- Advanced knowledge of Big Data PaaS components in the cloud, preferably with Azure
- Strong ability to design and build complex software systems in the cloud to meet any Big Data needs
- Demonstrated ability to create normalized and star-schema database designs using database modeling techniques. Superior understanding of normalization and denormalization.
- Expert-level data modeling
- Working knowledge of RDBM-SQL Server specifically, and NoSQL-MongoBD a plus; as well as Graph databases
- Prefer experience with Redshift and/or Azure SQL DWH to import data to SQL
- Azure Cloud OLAP Analytics experience will put you a top the list!
- Any data visualization experience a plus, Tableau
- Can deliver high-quality data solutions with minimal supervision
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Their community service group, gives a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
For information on the Azure market and some of the opportunities and Azure jobs that are available I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see www.nigelfrank.com
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Dynamics and Azure, advertising more Azure jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and Azure jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Microsoft Recruitment | Microsoft Careers & Jobs | Nigel Frank
Head Office Contacts. USA: Frank Recruitment Group Inc, 21st Floor, 110 William Street, New York City, New York, USA, NY 10038 | Tel: +1 212-731-8242 UK: Nigel Frank International, The St. Nicholas Building, St. Nicholas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1RF | Tel: +44 191 230 1883 Singapore: Frank Recruitment Group Private Ltd, 15th Floor, Royal One Philip, 1 Philip Street, Singapore, 048692 ...