Support Engineer - Central London - Up to £55,000
Working closely with the support team and our partners you'll be focused on maintaining and supporting cloud environments and their applications for enterprise and associated mid-tier websites. You will also be involved in the proactive monitoring of cloud environments utilising DevOps toolchains, as well as maintaining eyes on support queues and customer queries and requests.
Working with a team of highly skilled cloud support engineers and DevOps engineers and cloud architects and will be actively engaged in knowledge transfer and customer handover tasks.
- Linux and Windows System Administration skills.
- Experience with Azure and AWS (IaaS, Paas & SaaS).
- Experience with supporting CI/CD pipelines (Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, GitHub, BitBucket, GitLab, TeamCity).
- Experience with source control using Git and collaborative workflows.
- Understanding of internet backbone technologies (DNS, TLS, TCP/IP, CDNs).
- Ability to read and comprehend Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience deploying to AWS with CloudFormation.
- Experience deploying to Azure with ARM templates and Azure DevOps.
- Security-first approach to support and implementation tasks.
- Working knowledge of complementary cloud technologies and architectures including databases (MySQL, MSSQL), storage and backup technologies.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility for the resulting solution.
- Ability to triage a range of IT problems and delegate where appropriate.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas clearly to technical peers and clients.
- Ability to qualify and understand the root cause of complex technical problems.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a Kanban/Scrum environment utilising Jira and Confluence.
- Experience working with general support ticketing system workflows, such as Zendesk.
- Time logging and allocation (of self and team members) into the Haylix time management system on time on a weekly basis.
- Customer satisfaction (net promoter score) and meeting customer Service Level Agreements.
- Involved in the development and sharing of knowledge and documentation for standardised engineering and support tasks, business and technical automation, and ongoing customer support.
- Involved in creating a positive outcome focussed culture and acts on professional development opportunities.
- Bash scripting.
- Powershell scripting.
- Active Directory knowledge
- Functional knowledge of Sales and Support business processes
- Ability to not only solution but help out with hands-on development
- 2+ years in an Cloud Engineering Support role.
- 1+ years working with cloud platforms (AWS and Azure)
Relevant industry-based certificates in one or more of the following areas:
- AWS (SA-A, SA-P, DevOps etc.)
- Azure certifications
- RedHat certification highly regarded
- Windows certifications
- Network technologies (CCNA, CCNP etc.)