Machine Learning Data Engineer-New York City
Technology: AWS Big Data, Azure Big Data
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Date Posted: September 10th, 2019
My client is looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer to build their machine learning platform!
If you're an ML Platform Engineer that likes the idea of working on a product used by millions of people, read on. We're a tight-knit team of Engineers and Data Scientists that manage all aspects of the data stack and production modeling.
We're seeking someone who:
- Has experience building Machine Learning workflows (TensorFlow, etc. a plus)
- Has experience with large-scale distributed data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Is fluent in SQL and Python
- Understands the fundamental and unique challenges behind productionizing algorithms learned from data.
What you'll work on:
- Own building and architecting our production-oriented machine learning infrastructure
- Select and research the right tools for the job and make them all work well together
- Troubleshoot & find sustainable solutions for data issues and anomalies
- Help out with building the BI stack where necessary
- Work with product teams (e.g. matching recommendations) to understand and drive user impact
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with a mass market consumer facing product
- Familiarity with the pydata stack (numpy, scipy, pandas)
- Familiarity with scheduling and orchestration tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS services (e.g. SageMaker, EMR, etc.)
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC's top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com or call (Brittany Toth) 212-731-8282. My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft recruitment, advertising more Azure roles than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Azure market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in The Greater New York area and have a complete understanding of where the best Azure opportunities are.
Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the Microsoft permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.