2nd Line Service Desk Engineer - £28k
A client of Nigel Frank International is currently in the search for an experienced 2nd Line Engineer to join their team based in the centre of Manchester. The main responsibility is to provide 2nd line telephone and technical support to a variety of clients across a range of technologies.
The role itself is based on taking client phone calls, providing first time resolution where possible and resolving technical support tickets as part of a team on a busy Service Desk, working from their Manchester city centre office, you will be reporting to the 1st and 2nd Line Team Leader.
Responsibilities Include -
- Provide day to day technical support in an effective and time manner.
- Management of escalated tickets, following through to completion ensuring regular feedback is provided to client through the lifecycle of logged tickets.
- Assisting and guiding 1st Line Service Desk Engineers.
- Work closely with escalation teams to ensure client tickets are escalated in a timely manner in accordance with client SLA's.
- Ensuring client knowledge base documents remain up to date and are reviewed regularly including adding additional KB documents when required.
- Provide support and assistance to Project Engineers and Onsite Engineers.
- Participate in an on call rota covering non-UK Service Desk Hours.
- Vendor manage tickets as required, ensuring regular updates provided to client.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to meet contractual SLAs.
Job Skills and Experience -
- Microsoft Desktop 2 years experience.
- Administering and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, preferably in a VMWare ESXi environment or HYPERV.
- Administering and supporting Office365, with hands on experience of user and licence administration.
- Administering and supporting Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2016.
- Networking Experience - Routers, Switches and firewalls.
- Network Administration and Data Backup Technologies, preferably Veeam.
- IT Service Desk Environment.
- Superior customer skills.
- Able to prioritise and schedule own workload within a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving and client interaction.
- Exceptional attention to detail, flexibility and uses own initiative to troubleshoot complex issues.
This is a brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply and I will call you to discuss further details.
This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International. My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so make sure you don't miss out and APPLY NOW!