Data Scientist - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Are you a talented Data Scientist looking for a new exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing company?
The company I am recruiting for are going through a large transformation and as a data scientist you will play a big part of this transformation. My client are a national company who are committed to sustainability and reducing waste.
You will be working as part of an innovative, fast paced and a forward thinking team who are always looking at ways to enhance how technology is used within their industry.
There is potential to become a lead data Scientist and hire your own team within 2 years!!!
They are increasing their head count due to growth and a lot of untapped data
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role):
- Github account
- Data engineering experience
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques
- 1 year experience as a data scientist
- Machine learning
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers
- 1-3 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
Culture & Values
- Family Orientated
- Fun atmosphere
- Laid back
- Fast Paced
- Work-life balance
- Base Salary - £40,000.00 - £50,000 per annum
- 22 days holiday - will go to 25 with length of service
- Breakfast and drinks provided
- Working Location - 2 days in the office / 3 days from home - this is potentially flexible
- Interview Process - 3 Stages
- Reporting Into - Head of Data and Analytics
- Dress Code - Casual
- Progression Options - Into Lead data scientist and hire a team to manage yourself
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss. This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 338 7625
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.