Azure Data Engineer - Birmingham
This position offers a unique opportunity to be welcomed into one of the world's largest consumer companies, who pride themselves on upholding strong values in social, environmental and community matters through technological innovation. My client is seeking an experienced Azure Data Engineer with strong technical proficiency in SQL (SSIS and SSMS) and providing data warehousing solutions to migrate data from on-premise to an Azure Cloud platform and offer competitive compensation in return.
This role is varied, please find below some of the main responsibilities we are looking for:
- Migrating on-premise data warehouse to a cloud platform
- Provide technical expertise on data from sources through Azure pipelines into Power BI dashboards
- Building data pipelines using Azure data factory for data ingestion
- Facilitate data integration, data conformity, data integrity
- Ensure that data transformations are well documented and follow best practices
We are looking for a good mix of the below skills, (not necessarily all of the below):
- Experience as a Data Engineer building data platforms using MS Azure
- Strong SQL Server (SSIS and SSMS)
These are skills that would be an added bonus if you had them, (it is not compulsory for the role):
- Understanding of SQL Azure principals (Azure Data Factory, Synapse)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Python experience
- Good knowledge of Azure DevOps Pipelines and/or other tools for CI/CD
Culture & Values
- Technology Driven
- Base Salary - £45,00 per annum
- Plus much more…
- Working Location - Flexible - can be remote or in the office
- Reporting Into - Data Engineering Manager
This is the brief description of the role, for the full information, simply apply to the role and I will call you to discuss. This is an exclusive client to Nigel Frank International.
My client is looking to begin the interview process ASAP, so don't miss out, APPLY now!
If this wasn't exactly the role you were looking for, please apply to this role anyway, just highlight what you are looking for, apply with your CV with a brief overview of what you are looking for (The role, top 3 techs, location, salary). I will call you to discuss your skill-set further, there may be other roles I am working on that you may be suited for.
I specialise in Microsoft BI, SQL Server and Azure Analytics recruitment here at Nigel Frank International, specialising in the placement of highly-skilled candidates in various IT positions (Engineers, Analysts, Architects, Consultants, Project Managers, Management etc.).
We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Phone: 0191 300 1816
Please Note: This is a permanent role. This role is for UK Residents only. This role does not offer Sponsorship. You must have the right to work in the UK with no restrictions. Some of our roles may be subject to successful background checks including a DBS and Credit Check.