Lead Business Analyst - Permanent - Remote
The Lead Business Analyst is a senior-level position that will work with one or more business units, supporting multiple complex assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality and strategic targets. The role will predominately focus on gathering and analyzing work group data, defining current processes and requirements, researching best practices and identifying and documenting process improvements and functional specifications.
- Analyze, define and document complex requirements and business processes.
- Develop complex systems specifications, process flow and conversion strategies.
- Create complex technical and functional user documentation.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions to meet desired product needs.
- Follow established business processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of complex solutions.
- Maintain stakeholder expectations and raise appropriate issues to project managers as necessary.
- Develop "trusted advisor" relationship with senior stakeholders through effective communication and efficient, quality execution on projects.
- Gather business requirements and translate them into user stories/functional specifications.
- Identifies and documents process improvements and functional specifications based on research of best practices and analysis of work group data.
- Perform analysis on existing systems; identifying options for potential solutions and assess for both technical and business suitability.
- Work between remote development teams, internal IT and business to ensure requirements are being met.
- Serve as liaison for the integration and communication among applications, databases, and technology platforms on a business and technological level.
- 7 years of experience.
- BS / BA degree in relevant discipline required
- ISEB qualified Business Analyst or an advanced Master's degree required
- Strong communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and process planning skills
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills.
- Broad understanding of software development methodologies, platforms, tools and languages
- Experience using a recognized development methodology e.g., Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Moderate facilitation skills, ability to facilitate workshops
- Broad technical understanding across various software development methodologies, platforms, tools, and languages.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
- Written communication skills including process documentation
- Business requirements gathering
- Understanding of the role of BA in the full software development life-cycle.
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications on complex or large projects.
- Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology e.g., Agile, SCRUM, KANBAN.
- Ability to guide and mentor less-experienced team members.
If this role is of interest, please contact Emily today at email@example.com.