Senior Azure DevOps Architect
We are seeking a perm/full time Senior Cloud DevOps professional for a major Microsoft Partner. This role will support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of enterprise cloud integration infrastructure and workloads, working directly with cloud architects in the implementation and evolution of the enterprise cloud environment. In addition, this individual will work with application developers in the implementation, standardization and optimization of cloud-based workloads. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a key contributor to the evolution of cloud services standards.
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud environments and ensure compliance with company policy and architectural standards
- Assist in moving existing private cloud workloads to public clouds
- Assist in strategic direction and planning for growth to support our increasing business needs
- Educate users and implement new hardware and software solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting network and storage issues and make recommendations for growth
- Assist in the extension and adaption of existing cloud standards to provide for the integration of additional cloud service providers and services
- 8 years of related IT experience; Four year degree or related experience.
- 5 years experience with Windows Server, Linux, Networking and PaaS; designing and deploying systems from the ground up, with knowledge and experience deploying and provisioning storage and networking
- 3 years experience supporting public cloud-based offerings in a multi-cloud (Primarily MS Azure) for both PaaS and IaaS services
- Familiar with agile methodology, containers, Dev/Ops and CI/CD approaches and tools.
Cloud Services - Advanced knowledge and experience working with Azure REQUIRED. AWS and/or GCP a plus, but not priority.
- Exposure to and experience with specific Cloud Management Platform (CMP) tools and concepts
- Experience in the use of containerization and supporting technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure stack etc.) as well as micro-services architectures and concepts
OS / Software - Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Internet Information Services, MS SQL Server and typical back-office product knowledge
Automation - Scripting tools and declarative languages such as ARM, PowerShell with experience to help automating repeatable tasks and functions
Development Tools - Experience with IDE's such as PowerShell ISE, Visual Studio and Github
Monitoring Tools - One or more of the following; Insights, Cloudyn, Operations Management Suite / System Center, Splunk
Security/Identity - Familiarity with Active Directory, Azure AD, Symantec, Virtual Appliances and Azure Security Center
Backups - Azure and Azure Site Recovery
Networking - General networking knowledge, VLANs, VNets, VPN's, AWS VPC, AWS DirectConnect, routing, load balancers, virtual/local gateways, VMware based switching, and firewall concepts
Configuration Tools - Ansible, CHEF, Puppet or Powershell
- Strong work-life balance
- Excellent Health/Medical
- Vertical growth opportunity
- 100% REMOTE
Call/Email firstname.lastname@example.org | 718-412-1203 for immediate consideration!
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Azure recruitment, advertising more Microsoft Azure jobs than any other agency. We work with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft Azure market, we've built relationships with the key employers across the nation and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities are.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Azure candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Please call or email email@example.com / (718) 412-1203 for additional information about the Azure market and available Azure job opportunities in your area.
See www.nigelfrank.com for more fantastic Azure opportunities!
Nigel Frank International Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.