Videogame server engineering - Stockholm
A fast-paced videogame studio in Stockholm has opened their doors to hire! Run by industry veterans from Paradox, King, Dice, Unity and more, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly attractive sector of the IT market.
The studio is looking to hire some senior server-engineering competency ahead of a new videogame being released in 2022 - with this release the company is expecting to see a growth in their global user-base of between 5-10 million!
As you would expect, there are a whole host of challenges associated with security, scaleability and simply whether or not the server is robust enough to handle such a massive influx of new players - add in to that the fact that the entire system is cloud-native (AWS) and there are plenty of high-level technical challenges to launch yourself into!
Role & Responsibilities
- You will work closely to the games server, implementing cutting edge, scaleable solutions to support millions of players across the globe!
- You will design, test and implement modern tools and workflow technologies required to develop, run and stream a live videogame
- You will take a critical role in ensuring the game servers are efficient, reliable and secure ahead of a major new IP being announced in the coming month!
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a back-end engineer with fluency in Java
- Extensive expertise working with containerisation technology; in particular Docker and Kubernetes
- Prior experience in building, releasing and maintaining mobile video-games is highly beneficial
- Highly competitive salary with stock options
- ITP1 pension, additional health insurances
- 30 days vacation, 5000 SEK wellness allowance