Java Developer - Fully Remote
Up to £65k Bonus
Working for an ambitious, successful, and growing technology consultancy.
It's an exciting time to join them on our journey as they grow and expand their services to help their clients tackle bigger, more complex challenges. They plan to treble the size of their team by 2025 - but they're determined not to lose their unique culture.
They pride themselves in the qualities of their people. They're inclusive, creative, and collaborative.
They value and empower their people, doing right by them. They work flexibly and keep hierarchy to a minimum. Their benefits include generous annual leave, training and development, pension, and other financial perks.
They are seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Java Developer, who can help them transform major clients. You must be passionate about technology and about developing IT systems, utilising XP and agile practices. You must have an open mind and be willing to learn new technologies.
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience as a Java Developer, knowledge of core Java.
- Programming skills in designing and implementation of multi-tier applications using web-based technologies like Spring Boot, Play Framework or JHipster.
- Knowledge on Spring Core such as Dependency Injection, configuration with Annotations or XML
- Experience of handling relational and NoSQL databases in a Java-based ecosystem using technologies like JDBC, Spring Data, Hibernate and JPA
- Experienced in logging frameworks and application monitoring
- An understanding of developing applications with SOAP or RESTful Web Services
- Good Knowledge of cloud platforms and using continuous integration
- Awareness of Agile principles
- An appreciation of developing software using TDD
- Experience working with multiple programming paradigms such as functional and object orientation
Time off: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, paid sick leave and flexi-working.
On the money: Employer pension contribution of up to 6% with free advice, life cover 4x salary, Give As You Earn salary contribution option, discretionary and referral bonuses.
A healthy approach: Corporate rate health scheme, external counsellor, and employee assistance programme.
Kitted out: Apple MacBook, Bluetooth headset, and Kindle with a large, shared library. Plus, discounts on other Apple products.
Family values: Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, and family excursions.
Grow with us: Training and support with paid Udemy courses, monthly one-on-ones to help develop your career, and a generous learning budget to attend conferences or go on courses.
To apply or for more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 0191 814 7785 or LinkedIn 'Oliver King'.