Job Type - Contract
Length - 6 months (with possible extension)
Rate - £300 - £400 Per Day (Depending on experience)
IR35 Status - Outside
Remote - YES (Travelling into the London based office may occasionally be required)
As an Applications Engineer in the Knowledge Management and Digital Transformation team, you will be responsible for understanding the client's user needs and applying technical knowledge to develop, maintain and support solutions, primarily within a Microsoft 365 environment.
- Asset and configuration management. You can maintain secure configuration and accurate information, controlling IT assets in one or more significant areas, and verifying the location and state of assets.
- Working with the Microsoft 365 suite, build software and BI solution putting the needs of the user and a user-centered design approach at the heart of your approach
- Design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services
- Ensure the smooth running of Microsoft tools, products, and services, ensuring users get maximum benefits from them including Sharepoint and PowerBI
- Produce data queries and support the development of data visualisations
- Contribute to the development of the clients specific guidance for the use of tools, services, and products and provide training and support as required
- Actively stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies
- Issue identification and troubleshooting
- Identify technical risks and work with relevant colleagues across the institute and externally to mitigate these
- Identify opportunities to reuse, evolve or repurpose existing digital tools, products, or services to create time and financial efficiencies, avoid duplication and maintain cross-organisation information architecture hygiene
- Use evidence, data, and research to make the right decisions
Have demonstrable experience using and building M365 system software and tools including SQL Server, Sharepoint, Power BI, Dynamics, Excel, etc, with:
- Working experience with Active Directory, Group Policy Management, ICT Security, Server builds and configurations
- Working experience with Windows 10 professional operating systems
- Power Platform Advanced capabilities, Microsoft Office, SQL Services
- Exposure to or working experience Office 365 and Azure Technologies operating systems development
- Exposure to or working experience with Dynamic CRM
- Have a good awareness of complimentary open-source collaboration and management tools and how they interact with Microsoft 365.
If you are interested in this role please apply for this role here or send me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply immediately for consideration as the client is looking to hire ASAP.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Microsoft recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Microsoft jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements & jobs for Microsoft professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities & jobs are. Apply now by sending your CV to (see below) or calling Matt Jones. Nigel Frank International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.