Senior Support Engineer-Newcastle-up to £35,000-Mainly remote
One of our new clients which is a leading ICT consultancy providing solutions and advice to organisations worldwide are currently recruiting for 2nd and 3rd line positions. This client partners with the world's leading vendors such as VMware and Microsoft.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader for Microsoft Recruitment, providing opportunities for candidates of all levels of experience in infrastructure, security, azure, power platform and modern workplace based technologies. We get roles such as this one exclusively before they are out on the market so we can get you on board quicker!
This client is based in Newcastle and are looking for all sorts of talent due to constantly growing so do apply if you are in the IT industry; there may be a role crafted for you!
Progression for this role: Each senior support engineer is provided with the right resources and training to specialise in a more specific subject such as Networking or Microsoft…
What you will be doing:
- Put the customer first and provide appropriate support documentation
- On a regular basis assess and review the infrastructure and provide suggestions if any how it can be improved
- Answering telephone calls as well as emails in a professional manner
- Attend customer sites when needed
- Manage and organise information that needs to be provided for customer reports
- Undertake any training required to keep up to the best standard
- Meeting service level deadlines
- Diagnose faults as well as providing this remotely where needed
- Deal with customer queries
- Support as well as lead in customer meetings with the HOD or Team Leader
What you need:
- No less than 6 years of technical experience
- Experience of trouble shooting and problem resolution to an advanced level
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service experience
- IT qualifications such as Microsoft,CISCO,ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge of installing operating systems; dealing with virus infected machines to an advanced level
If this has peaked your interest and you think you have the relevant experience and knowledge apply below!
Contact me on
020 3148 4655