Do you have drive and passion for your craft?
Interested in working for a continually evolving and dynamic market leader?
Senior Database Engineer and Administrator (SQL Server) - fully remote (UK applications only) - £40-£50k 5% bonus
Due to team growth, you will be joining a team that is comfortable dealing with high volume, business critical support utilising multiple databases.
My client do not rely on many 3rd party applications, they typically work with with custom built applications.
You won't just be "book smart", but also be "street smart", someone who is commonly jumping into firefighting, performing query tuning changes on the fly without weeks of investigation/analysis needed.
My client are continually acquiring new businesses and resetting the clock on products and applications, therefore this is role would suit a candidate looking for a challenge in a continually changing and evolving workplace.
Must have experience:
- Must have 5 years SQL server and nice to have Postgres and MySQL as they use these other versions too.
- Need experience working with a team of Data Engineers to help set best practices, avoid normal pitfalls that engineers come up against and fall victim to
- SQL Server 2012 .
- Majority of experience must be associated with supporting 24x7 OLTP and data warehouse/BI environments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server architecture - engine, query processing, query optimisation, locking etc
- Experience configuring MS SQL for high availability and Disaster Recovery using SQL Clustering and Always On Availability Groups.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. PowerShell, VBScript, T-SQL
You will be joining a team 6 DBA's, each DBA has an area of focus with a set of applications that they focus on. Their internal aim is to try and build a cross pollinated team to try help others when they need help or are out of the office.
If you'd like to take advantage of this fully remote role, please apply today - UK APPLICATIONS ONLY