Azure Solutions Architect-Remote-- Permanent
Our client is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect to join our Azure Center of Excellence technical team and be front and center in the transformation to cloud-based architectures while at the same time playing an influential role in transforming our customers into cloud-ready companies. As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibility will be to ensure our customers are successful with Azure and to help them move their workloads to the Cloud. The CSA is a highly technical client-facing role where you'll be accountable for the end-to-end cloud technical architecture and solution deployment experience.
Although the company headquarters is in Jacksonville, FL, this position is remote and we will consider candidates from the United States and Canada.
- Maintaining 300-400 level depth in core Azure Services (Compute, Networking, and Storage) and understanding current market trends and competitive insights
- Serving as a trusted advisor to customers
- Developing Azure technical/operational readiness plans for customers
- Executing rapid technical feasibility studies for moving identified workloads to Azure
- Defining and building technical documentation for security architectures, configuration management definitions, and operational readiness plans.
- Selecting a migration approach to move workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development or production platform for new applications
- Executing Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), Solution Alignment Workshops (SAW), or
- Proofs of Concept (POC) Workshops
- Driving onboarding plans in conjunction with customers
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in customer-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior executives to drive key decisions and implementation.
- The ability to impact and influence customers and other business partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and the drive to create real and measurable business results as evidenced by deploying Cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies (including Microsoft Windows and open source platforms), business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Significant depth of technical experience in any of the following Azure services and technologies:
- Azure Resource Manager APIs and Deployment Methodologies
- Azure Application Services and Micro Services Patterns
- Azure Compute
- Azure Storage
- Azure Networking
- Azure Security and Identity
- Azure Backup and Recovery
- Azure Container Services
- Azure Data Platform
- Azure Automation and Log Analytics
- Demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer organizations
- Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build profitable Azure/cloud businesses
- Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic customers and partners
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration abilities in addition to technical depth
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
- 5+ years design, implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications demonstrating strong architectural skills to ensure availability, reliability, etc.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Project experience leveraging Waterfall, Agile with SCRUM, and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more of the following environments: PowerShell, JSON
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and large audiences
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations
If this role is of interest to you, contact Emily at email@example.com