My client is an MNC with HQ in Europe, over 15,000 employees across 38 countries. Due to the increased usage of cloud and data platforms for client projects and major internal investment programmes, they're now looking for a Data Platform Lead for APAC region. You will bring technical excellence and a passion for building and operating scalable, secure, distributed systems, and automating these wherever possible.
Role & Responsibilities
- Play role of the design and development of our global Data Strategy including Data Infrastructure and Science programme in East Asia, underpinning a range of internal and external-facing products and services.
- Lead the strategy and architecture definition and delivery of our data infrastructure, with adoption of cloud infrastructure engineering and DevOps practices and patterns across the business
- Implement key data infrastructure capabilities including global availability and multi-jurisdiction data residency, platform multi-tenancy, API management and use of microservices
- Lead the definition of requirements for development and production environments in the cloud
- Work closely with Data Scientist team to oversee the delivery of data infrastructure aspects for project
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of designing secure, resilient, high performance, distributed system architectures/platforms
- Demonstrable expertise in Cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS and/or Azure
- Experienced in Cloud architectural patterns and best practices for globally distributed data-intensive systems
- Leadership skills in working with technical and business teams, experienced working with executives. Can communicate and report technical progress aligned with business outcomes
- Experience of administering and using big data analytics frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark), message queuing frameworks (e.g. Kafka), and distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, ElasticSearch) is a plus
- A Bachelor's degree in a numerate discipline
- Fluent in English
This is a fantastic opportunity and great project to work with 5 working days a week, comprehensive remuneration packages and training provided. We are hiring within the week and If you think this role is suitable for you please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +65 3163 2036 (Ext 5030).