A large, multi-national organisation with operations across the globe are seeking a skilled Data Engineer with experience of working in the Azure Cloud to join their team as they build a Data Platform solution from the ground-up to service all areas of the business.
You'll be an existing Data Engineer (or BI Developer with focus on ETL/Data Warehouse Development), with experience of working with Azure PaaS tools - namely Data Factory V2, Data Lake and ideally experience in Databricks and event-based technologies such as Event-Hubs. You'll be given guidance in solution design requirements and will be working on delivering best-practice solutions.
You'll be working with a mix of relational and non-relational data, including from a range of streaming sources, so offers a chance to work a wide range of Azure technologies and with some very interesting Data.
This role can be largely home-based, but will require visiting the company's office in Didcot, Oxfordshire, at least 3-4 times per month on average, with further time in office available at your discretion.
This is a permanent role only.
Role & Responsibilities
- Data Pipeline design and optimisation
- Data Model design and implementation
- Business-facing duties in requirements-gathering, workshops, and handover/support activities
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrable skills/experience in ETL/ELT Development using Azure Data Factory v2
- Demonstrable experience in designing/developing Azure Data Storage solutions using SQL DW/Synapse, Data Lake or Blob Storage
- Experience in CI/CD or Azure DevOps is highly desirable
- Starting salary of up to £55,000
- 25 days holiday + Bank holiday
- Private Medical + Life Insurance
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV to email@example.com or call 0191 338 7552 for a confidential chat.
Nigel Frank are the go-to recruiter for Power BI and Azure Data Platform roles in the UK offering more opportunities across the country than any other. We're the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.
Twitter = @NigelFrank_BI
LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/owen-mitchell-b84984b2/